Last Revised: July 30, 2019
Particularly Important Information
Who We Are: For the purposes of applicable data protection legislation, the data control of your personal data is:
Must Read Sections: We draw your attention in particular to the sections entitled “International Data Transfer” and “Your Rights”
Purposes of Processing
What is personal data?
Why do we need your personal data?
We will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We need certain personal data in order to provide you with access to the Site. If you created an account with us, you will have been asked to tick to agree to provide this information in order to access our services, purchase our products, view our content.
A Note to Users Outside of Japan.
Types of Data We Collect
We collect information about you in the following ways:
Information You Provide to Us.
– We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, e-mail and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
– When you order products on our Site, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name and billing information.
– If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
– When you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see it and any other information that you choose to make public on our Site.
– When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
– We also collect other types of personal information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us regarding support for the Services.
– If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway on our Site, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or phone number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses to verify your identity. In some situations, we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
– We may also collect personal information at other points in our Site that state that personal information is being collected.
Information Collected via Technology.
Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements around the Site, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Site to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Site again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling.
We do not use your personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making. However, we may do so in order to fulfil obligations imposed by law, in which case we will inform you of any such processing and provide you with an opportunity to object.
We may also use pixel tags (which are also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) on our Site to track the actions of users on our Site. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages. Pixel tags measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Site, so that we can manage our content more effectively. The information we collect using pixel tags is not linked to our users’ personal data.
Use of Your Personal Information
General Use. In general, personal information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
– facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
– identify you as a user in our system;
– provide improved administration of our Site;
– provide the services you request;
– improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site;
– send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
– send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
– with your consent, to send you marketing e-mails about upcoming promotions, and other news, including information about products and services offered by us and our affiliates. You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time: such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” Please note, even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account with us (if you have one) and our business dealings with you;
– respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; and
– send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Atixi.
User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our products. We occasionally publish such content. We may post user feedback, including your name and/or screen name used in posting such content, on the Site from time to time. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with our Site, you should be aware that any personal information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create anonymous data records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Site and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third party service providers to: provide you with the products and services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Atixi.
Your Rights Regarding Information
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
Access. You may access the information we hold about you at any time by contacting us directly.
Amend. You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
Move. Your personal data is portable – i.e. you to have the flexibility to move your data to others as you wish.
Erase and forget. In certain situations, for example when the information we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in Section 1 above. In your request, please make clear: (i) what personal data is concerned; and (ii) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event, within one month of your request. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion.
We will only retain your personal data as long reasonably required for you to use the Site unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example for regulatory purposes).
Sensitive Personal Data
Subject to the following paragraph, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal data (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us.